The world is revolving around technology. Technology is has covered almost every aspecxt of human life and daily chores. Gaming is one such subject which hasb observed relative growth with the advancement of technology. The gaming universe have something for everyone. You can play games on live stream and those who are not so good with technology can stream the games online. It has become a sideline source of income for many students as well as bachelors today.
Increase in number of people playing games online has led to increase in companies booming on internet. Their target is to provide specificities to every player/user signing up on their website. In order to target more audience, they give access to usage of different languages for streaming. One such company is Rooter, founded in 2016 by Piyush Kumar, Dipesh Agarwal, Akshat Goel and Soham Sinha. The company is private sports technologies start-up based in New Delhi. It has developed a social community platform that allows its users to stream specific content in their own language. Other than content watching, it provides gamers to stream their game live and share their best matches with other gamers through voice and video features. The start-up has crossed the line of 10 million installs with rating 4.6. An average of 26 mins per person usage is recorded daily on the platform.
The start up has achieved more $25 million of funding from top investors across the world and in India. Some of the investors are Founder Bank Capital, Anthill Ventures, Samsung, Paytm, lead Sports.
What Rooter Offers?
- Watching streams- It provides the viewers to watching streaming of games and participate in giveaways daily.
- Upload gaming videos and images- For the gamers, it provides them to out show their skills by uploading their best games stream and images.
- Platform to create your own content and win prizes- It organizes various contest where streamers can become a fan-favorite and take part in gaming and sports contest. They get rewards after winning those gaming contests.
- Multi-language- It has no hinderance for steamers and viewers in terms of linguistical barrier. The platform has 10 languages for experiencing localized content.
The payment is made on the basis on every rupee equivalent to one rooter gem. During the usage of the website, users can purchase coins through the mobile application Paytm to make in-app purchases or to contest in offers or rewards. The rooter gems are provided on the basis of on-to-one conversation. The website cautions the users that no employee or staff of their own would ask the user to transfer any amount to third party’s private bank account or to an account which is not in the name of the company. Any transaction made to the third party will be om the account of the user itself and the company will not be accountable for the same.
Content Shared Specifications:
The following content is not entertained by the website. Any such content reported or brought to notice shall be put down from the website.
- Adherence to applicable laws- All content shared without limitation should adhere to the applicable laws in the Republic of India including the Indian Penal Code, 1860 and, the Information Technology Act, 2000 along with all rules and amendments made under such laws.
- Pornographic or nudity content- No sexual imagery of any kind, be it educational purposes, artistic value or awareness, etc is allowed.
- Bullying and Harassment- Posting comments that offend someone in ways like objectifying, sexual orientation, morphed images will not be tolerated.
- Intellectual Property- Copying content that infringes somebody’s property rights are prohibited. Property in this case could be paintings, posters, photographs, advertisements, poems, limericks, sound recordings, musical compositions, lectures, articles, tele-series, movies, online videos, video games, computer software, plays, musicals, brands, affiliations, and other similar content. However, if copying, you should give due credits to the rightful owner of the intellectual property owner.
- Violence- The content that invokes or promotes violence among the users is not allowed.
- Hate speech and propaganda- Content that promotes a subject and makes another vulnerable is prohibited. Any content that promotes hate speech and propaganda of any particular religion or party is not allowed.
- Abuse, self-injury or suicide- Posts that incites the quality of self-harm in the mind of viewers are not allowed. Also, content that highlights and targets the vulnerable section that has gone through domestic abuse, portrayed negatively is not allowed.
- Illegal-activities- The company follows the laws and rules of the nation. Any content that practices or promotes or glorifies illegal activities is not allowed.
- Non-consensual content- Content put up by any person without the permission of the subject is prohibited. Basically, do not post anyone else’s pictures or video without their permission or consent.
- Spam- Falsity is not tolerated. False advertisements, fraudulent or misleading representations and security breaches, all fall under the ambit of commercial spam.
- Fake news- Any content that is deliberating spreading false information, hoaxes or fake propaganda with the intent to mislead is not allowed.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE SAME, DO LET ME KNOW.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at firstname.lastname@example.org