Recently our P.M has inaugurated the ‘Statue Of Equality’ in Hyderabad. It become the world’s second tallest statue in seated position with 216 feet. This article focuses on some basic information and interesting facts about the statue .
Do you guys know that which saint’s statue is named as ‘Statue of Equality’ ? And why this saint’s statue called so ?
It is the statue of Vaishnavite saint Sri Ramanujacharya who was born in 1017 in the present tamil nadu (then under chola kingdom). He was the propagator of the philosophy ‘ Vishishtadwaitha ‘ which means qualified monism . He fought against the caste barriers then prevailed and had a great vision of equality . That’s why the trust (which build the statue ) named the structure the ‘Statue of Equality’ .
Now let’s discuss some material facts about the statue.
- The statue is 216 feet tall and made up of panchaloha (an alloy of gold, silver, copper, brass and tin/lead).
- It is located at Sri Tridandi Chinna Jeeyar Swamy ashram in Muchintal village near Hyderabad International Airport .
- Constructed by Aerosun Corporation in China it was shipped to India through chennai port .
- P.M Modi unveiled the statue on February 5 and President Ram Nath Kovind unveiled the smaller golden statue in base building on February 13 .
- A vedic digital library, research centre, ancient Indian texts, theatre and a gallery contains the works of Ramanuja can be see at base building .
Let’s conclude the article with the words of Swami Ramanujacharya
‘To alleviate the misery of others, I don’t mind facing the throes of Hell.’-Sri Swami Ramanujacharya
‘All are eligible to enter a temple. The Creator showed no partiality, nor should we.’
‘All are equally qualified to chant the name of God.’
‘All are equal in the eyes of God.’
In the modern world which posses modern and traditional inequalities together let’s work for a world of equality . All Are Equal
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE SAME, DO LET ME KNOW.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at firstname.lastname@example.org