The meaning of import is an activity of purchasing and entering goods / services or commodities from abroad into the country legally through the trade process.
Another opinion says the meaning of import is an international trade activity by entering goods into the Indonesian customs territory carried out by companies or individuals engaged in export-import activities by complying with the provisions of the prevailing laws and regulations. A country carries out import activities usually because of the need for certain products in the country that cannot be fulfilled by itself, or to increase reserves. In addition, import activities are carried out to strengthen the balance of payments and reduce the potential for foreign exchange outflows.
Import Purpose and Benefits
1. Getting Raw Materials
A country’s production activities often require certain raw materials that are not available or limited within the country. To ensure the supply of raw materials for production activities, the country imports raw materials needed from other countries.
2. Getting the Latest Technology
In a variety of economic and business activities, for example to produce certain goods / services, often requires the support of tools with the latest technology that is not available domestically. To support the production of goods / services more efficiently, Indonesia imports the equipment from other countries.
3. Adding foreign exchange earnings
Besides exports, import activities can also increase a country’s foreign exchange income. This is influenced by various factors, for example from the value of import duty income of imported goods which is quite large.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a care
Types of Imports – Based on its activities, imports can be divided into several types. The types of imports are as follows:
- Import for Use; activities of entering goods / services into Indonesian customs territory for the purpose of being used, owned or controlled by people domiciled in Indonesia.
- Temporary Imports; activities to enter goods / services into Indonesia’s customs territory where the aim is to be re-exported abroad for a maximum of 3 years.
- Further / Continuous Transport Imports; the activity of transporting goods using means of transporting through an office to another office without the first demolition process.
- Import to be stockpiled; the activity of transporting goods using means of transporting through an office to another office by carrying out the demolition process first.
- Import for Re-export; transporting imported goods that are still inside the customs territory to be exported back abroad. This is done for imported goods with conditions; not according to order, wrong delivery, damaged, does not meet technical requirements, changes in regulations occur.