A partnership firm is a kind of business wherein a formal agreement is organised between two or more people. This is made accordingly who agrees to be the co-owners and distribute responsibilities to run an organization and manage that. It also has the responsibility to share the income or losses that the business generates all in total.
In India, there are many aspects and functions of the partnership which are administered under ‘The Indian Partnership Act 1932’. This law cum act elaborates that partnership is an association which is between two or more individuals or parties. The partners should have agreed to share the profits generated from the source of business and should come under the supervision of all the members or behalf of other members.
A partnership is a very important arrangement where parties, in other words called business partners, agree to cooperate and agree to advance their mutual interests. All the partners in a partnership firm comprises individuals, businesses, other interest-based organizations and schools, governments or combinations come under the formation of partnership. There are different organizations which increases the likelihood of achieving their mission and to amplify the proper reach comes under a partnership firm. A partnership can lead to or result in issuing and holding equity which is only governed by a contract.
Articles of partnership
An article of partnership is a voluntary contract between two or more persons which places their capital, labor and skills into business. This creates a proper understanding and concepts that there will be a sharing of the profit and losses between the partners. If we talk about countries outside of North America, it is here defined by partnership agreement. A legal partnership agreement is the written and legal agreement between two or more business partners. In a partnership, it is always advised or recommended to have such an agreement but this does not constitute essential partners.
There are multiple sections which are included in articles of partnership and this is based on the circumstances which are as follows:
- There should be a proper granting of the partner essential rights to manage and administer the whole business or a specific department of that business.
- Authorization of a majority of all the partners should be a must so that they manage the affairs of the entire partnership firm. This is a very common thing as there are numerous partners.
- Different provisions to account are listed annually for the property acts and debts of the business accounts
- There has to be the forbidding of any particular partner so that he or she can carry out business which is unrelated to the partnership. This is usually implied in articles of partnership and partnership firms as well.
- The proper allowance of expelling all the partners, thereby committing gross misconduct and thus becoming insolvent and bankrupt. It should be strictly abider as it is particularly common where there are numerous partners in a partnership firm.
- Proper submission of arguments must be made to arbitration. There must be a complete allocation of business income and losses amongst all the partners.
A partnership business has two or more owners and partners who agree to a common point and decide to share profits. This is liable for any debts or losses occurring within the company domain. The persons and future company partners who have entered into partnership with one another have to carry on a business altogether. They are individually called “Partners“ and are called a “Partnership Firm” where the partners work. Lastly a partnership firm is not a separate and independent legal entity.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.
We are also running a series Inspirational Women from January 2021 to March 31,2021, featuring around 1000 stories about Indian Women, who changed the world. #choosetochallenge