In the year 2018 on March 9 by the Supreme Court the right to die with dignity is considered as the Fundamental right of the constitution and allows the passive euthanasia in the country. Euthanasia is defined as the painless killing of patients who are suffering from any disease which is not curable or the person who are in comma. So the person who are suffering from very harmful disease which is not curable and the person who itself want to die means they have no interest to live there life and in some cases if the person request to kill them as they are very ill than the family decides that what to do. As Article 21 says that dignity is its essential foundation so each and every individual has right to decide that they have to hear the relatives or accept medical intervention in their illness. The right to live with dignity itself contain the autonomy in relation to the process of dying and not to choose any pain or sufferings.
The ethics of euthanasia or right to die with dignity it increases the several moral dilemmas such as-
- Who give the right to anyone to kill the ill patient without knowing that how much pain and suffering he/she is going through?
- What are the circumstances to be justified that the euthanasia is justiciable or not and what is the moral difference between the killing someone and let them die by own self
- Should human’s beings have any right to decide on issues of life and the death so there are number of question arises of this issue.
- So even it is morally right still it may be used as abused and use for murdering the people.
- These are of two types active euthanasia that can be carried out by actions like giving a lethal injection and passive euthanasia means not doing the thing which makes the person alive.
- The decision is also effects on the religious sentiments as religious groups claim that right to life is in the hands of god and by withdrawal of treatments is considered as the death of a person suffering from terminal illness which may be curable.
Though there are several ethics or motives to not to kill anyone just because they wanted to die but at the year 2018 a landmark judgement it was held by the supreme court that life and death are not separable . Every moment our body undergoes the several changes like we have right live a life so we also have a right to die means we cannot disconnect the life from death because death is a part of the process of living. So the decision is considered as the progressive step as it free the people from there sufferings and pains it also help the family and relatives for facing any kind of guilt by taking any difficult decisions it basically gives the opportunity to draft the comprehensive legislation which is considered as the fully recognised for the right to die with dignity.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.
We are also running a series Inspirational Women from January 2021 to March 31,2021, featuring around 1000 stories about Indian Women, who changed the world. #choosetochallenge