Union Public service commission (UPSC) is an constitutional body in the country and the leading central recruiting agency for the central government public servants and authorised to conduct various examinations, The commission is authorised by the Constitution of India for appointing the services for the Union and for all the India Services.
Method in which the Civil Services Examination is conducted is in this three stages:
- Main and
- Personality Test/Interview
THE LIST OF THE VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Civil Services examination
- Indian Forest Service examination
- Engineering Services examination
- Combined Defence Services examination
- National Defence Academy examination
- Naval Academy examination
- Combined Medical Services examination
- Indian Economic Service examination
- Combined Geo Scientist/Geologists Exam
- Central Armed Police Forces examination
Role of UPSC
The role of the UPSC is to recruit and appoint all groups A, B, C, and D of all India services. It is also known as the central recruiting agency because its appointment is related to central governance, with the rising competition in India, the working of the Union Public Service Commission has become challenging and is a difficult task to filter merit for the smooth governance of the country, but the commission regularly picks a right individual for it.
- Article-315: Establishment of Public Service Commissions for State and the Union .
- Article-316: Term of office of members and Appointment of Members.
- Article-317: Removing and suspending a member of the Public Service Commission.
- Article-318: Power bestowed in making rules as to the conditions of service of members and staff of the Commission.
- Article-319: Prohibiting the members from holding offices on ceasing to be such members.
- Article-320: Functions of Public Service Commissions.
- Article-321: Extending functions of the Public Service Commissions.
- Article-322: Expenses of Public Service Commissions.
- Article-323: Reports of Public Service Commissions.
Functions of Union Public Service Commission:
- The Union Public Service Commission conducts examinations for all India services for Central Services and Public Services.
- The commission assists the states by implementing schemes of combined recruitment for any services.
- The interests of the State by the demand of the Governor and also with the consent of the President of India is served by the UPSC.
- The commission put together rules and regulations to be followed in the process of appointments, removals, promotions, and so on.
- The disciplinary matters of the central government servants are looked at by the Commission.
- The commission has to submit an annual report to the President of India on their working.
The role for taking the examinations and appointing the Group A and Group B posts in the civil services cadre and defence services cadre of the union government is carried on by the Union Public Service Commission. While people think that UPSC is an examination but is not; UPSC is a constitutional body which conducts the examination for the Civil Services like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc. The agency’s authorization is granted by Part XIV of the Constitution of India, titled as Services Under the Union and the States.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.
We are also running a series Inspirational Women from January 2021 to March 31,2021, featuring around 1000 stories about Indian Women, who changed the world. #choosetochallenge