India is a very vast and diverse country. It has a population of 136.64 crores of people. And each and every person of this population has a different mindset, different ways of handling things and different opinions. Countries with such a huge population face a lot of challenges in their working. It is not at all easy for any government to make all the sectors of the society happy, at the same time, in order to grow as a country, different sectors of the societies have to cooperate with each other so that the country can function smoothly.
As I said, a country has to face a lot of challenges in order to uplift their position in the world and to be fully developed to provide the maximum of everything to the citizens of the country. And some examples of these challenges are:- population growth, environmental factors, shortage of resources, poor infrastructure, bad economic system, corruption, unemployment, poor education system, illiteracy rate, and many more. So, let’s talk about one of these challenges which is unemployment.
Unemployment is one of the biggest issues all over the world but it is more in India. Unemployment means a person is not having a job or he /she is jobless. There can be many reasons for it. With the changing time, unemployment has reduced a little as compared to the earlier times but even today also, when people are now more educated and smart still have to face unemployment.
Reasons for unemployment can be:
- A big part of our population is still illiterate, they are not even able to read and write properly.
- As a lot of people are getting educated the competition is increasing, so only those people who are having more caliber are getting ahead.
- Number of candidates are more but availability of job opportunities are less.
- There are a lot of people who have knowledge and skills but never get the opportunity to implement them, maybe because of lack of awareness or something else.
- People who don’t get expected salary also wait to get employed at some place where they can get the amount which they want and still if they don’t get that job they remain jobless.
Unemployment just not only means that a person is not able to get job in fact there are different categories of unemployment like:-
- Structural unemployment- It is the type of unemployment which occurs after a structural change in the economy or because of occupational or geographical immobility.
- Seasonal unemployment- This kind of unemployment occurs when some industries work for a particular season of the year.
- Voluntary unemployment- It is the unemployment which occurs when laborers are not ready to work at the current equilibrium wage rate.
- Disguised unemployment- It is a kind of unemployment when the requirement of the person is not necessary for the outcome. This kind of unemployment usually occurs in agriculture sectors. For example- all the members of the family work on the same field but the outcome will be the same whether 2 people work on the field or the family of 5.
These are some of the categories of unemployment which people of our country usually face. Government of our country is constantly working on projects by which they can create more and more employment in India so that people can earn and fulfill their basic needs. Though it will definitely take time because of the large population of our country but slowly or gradually it will result in decline in unemployment. And it is already declining because the government has already launched a lot of small schemes where at least the poor section of the society will be able to earn even a little to feed their daily needs. Not only governments but private organizations and NGOs are also working hard to create more and more employment in the country.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.
We are also running a series Inspirational Women from January 2021 to March 31,2021, featuring around 1000 stories about Indian Women, who changed the world. #choosetochallenge