WHAT IS POVERTY ?
Poverty is the state in which one is not able to fulfill is basic necessities as food, clothes and shelter due to lack of financial resources. Poverty means that the income level is too low to fulfil the basic requirement as proper health care facilities, healthy food, clean water, shelter etc.
India is a developing country instead, around 84 million people are living in extreme poverty which makes upto 6% of total population.
TYPES OF POVERTY
On the basis social, economical, and political aspects, there are different ways to identify the types of poverty:
- ABSOLUTE POVEERTY – This is also known as abject poverty or extreme poverty. In this a person is involved with the scarcity of shelter, food, education etc.. The people who belongs to absolute poverty has to experience a lot of child deaths from disease like malaria, cholera .
- RELATIVE POVERTY – Relative poverty is measured as the percentage of the population with the income less then some fixed proportion of median income.
- SITUATIONAL POVERTY – In this the poverty comes due to unfortunate events like environmental disaster, job loss etc. Due to corona virus lot of pople had to face job loss and health issue due to which they are suffering poverty these days.
- GENERATIONAL POVERTY – Generational poverty are handed over to individual and families from one generation to the another. This kind of poverty is very complicated as people are trapped in this and there is no way to escape.
- RURAL POVERTY – These are caused in rural area. About 39% of rural population suffer poverty due to unequal land distribution, lack of quality infrastructure, unequal income distribution etc.
- URBAN POVERTY – Urban poverty is complex and multi dimensional. This is due to low wages, less job opportunities, large family etc.
CAUSES OF POVERTY
- RISE IN POPULATION – Increase in population is one of the major cause of poverty. Every year approximately 17 million people are added to the population and thus, this rise leads to rise in the consumption of goods.
- LESS AGGRICULTURE PRODUCTIVITY – Today also in India farmers are using traditional methods for cultivation due to which there is less agriculture productivity.
- HIGH PRICE RATE – Everyday the price of the goods are increasing due to which poor section of the society are unable to afford it. Thus, leads to poverty.
- UNEMPLOYMENT – The no. of job seekers are increasing g rapidly but the job opportunities are very less and due to this a lot of people are jobless and are unable to fulfill their basic requirement.
WAY TO OVERCOME POVERTY
- QUALITY EDUCATION –In India education system is not the best, but over a course of year India had made a progress. But, People suffering from poverty are aloof to the right to proper education for this lot of association are formed so that they reach to these places and provide education.
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES – The best way to overcome poverty is to create a well paid jobs.
- IMPROVE MNAGEMENT OF WATER AND OTHER NATURAL RESOURCES – Most of the rural people depend upon agriculture or other natural resources. Thus, it is necessary that they have more equitable access to these resources.
- PROVIDING WITH BASIC SOCIAL SERVICES – People should be provided with access to basic social services as such as health care, healthy food, sanitation, shelter etc.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.
We are also running a series Inspirational Women from January 2021 to March 31,2021, featuring around 1000 stories about Indian Women, who changed the world. #choosetochallenge