Good Governance is the manner in which power is exercised in the management of a country’s economic and social resources for development.
- People’s rights and fundamental freedoms are respected, allowing them to live in Dignity.
- Social interactions are governed by inclusive and fair rules, institutions and practices;
- The needs of the future generations are reflected in current policies.
- Poverty and expanding the choices that all people should have in their lives.
Initiatives for Good Governance in India:
- Right to Information: It means that every individual in the society should have access to the information. Example, in the Covid – 19 pandemic situations some people claimed that there family members died due to the negligence on the behalf to the hospital authority. In such a case the persons family member have the right to ask for the reports of the patient.
- E-Governance: In the modern era of digitalization. Even the government should focus on the e- platform to conduct the work, resolve the issues. This would help the both the parties (the person how wants their work to be done does have to stand in line, reduce the paper wastage, reduce the spread the virus and on the other hand the person who is suppose to do the work can work from home easily and safely. Example: IRCTC website from where we can book our railway tickets also has access to the information regarding the availability of the trains.
- Legal Reforms: legal reforms play a very important role in the functioning of the society as a whole. Every the changes in the environment, population the country, the laws of the country should also be changed time, to reduce the rate at with the crime in accelerating the society. According to me, that should also be certain laws in relation to filling of false cases in the court of law.
- Ease of Doing Business: The method of getting the business registered must be in the easier format. There must be less of page paper or this can be replaced by digital method.
- Qzair Husain Vs Union of India (AIR 2003 Delhi 103)
The case judgment deals with right to information to exercise their choices and beliefs under Consumer Protection Act. Extending this principle derived from Article 21 and 19 of our constitution, a consumer of medical services too has a right to know what treatment was given to him or her, what were the reports of the tests, what were the opinions expressed by doctors or specialists, why he or she was kept in the hospital and many more questions. Thus consumer’s right to information extends to medical services.
Right to Information under medical council of India regulations:
• Every hospital should maintain records pertaining to his or her indoor patients for a period of three years from the date of commencement of the treatment.
• If any request is made for medical records either by the patients or authorized attendant or legal authorities involved, the same may be duly acknowledged and documents shall be issued within the period of 72 hours.
Challenges faced in the path of good governance:
- Corruption: corruption act as huge obstacle in the path of the development in the country. Corruption can be in any manner like whether it be recruitment of the employees (placing an unqualified individual in the good position),
- Gender Disparity: there must not be any gender disparity in the society. None of the gender must be treatment superior to the other one; both must be given equal opportunities. As the gender of the person that must not be the matter of concern, what we must focus on is the work performance of an individual.
- Delay in Justice: delay in justice by the court of law can ruin that particular individuals career. Example, if a person is charge in the case of rape, he is a working individual or students of age suppose 23 or 25. That this point of time his career is at very crucial point, the matter only that he has to focus is the career. But in case he is charged against a false rape case and there is a delay in the justice. This would ruin his career.
- Marginalization of Socially and Economically Backward People: the backward class of the society should also be made aware about the importance of the education in their life. They must be provide with good education facilities free of cost along with the good working opportunities so that they can even have some practical knowledge along with some earnings.
The effective functioning of governance is the prime concern of every citizen of the country. The citizens are ready to pay the price for good services offered by the state, but what is required is a transparent, accountable and good governance system absolutely free from bias and prejudices.Good governance must focus on how to introduce engagement practices in communities to achieve sustainable economic, social, cultural and environmental development.
According, to me if the good governance can reduce the gap of richer and poor section in the society can minimized to some extent. The government should reduce the rate of taxation, this would reduce the cost price of the product, motivating the customer to purchase more, increasing sales, increasing the production thereby increasing the employees opportunities for the people, thus, indirectly earning the revenues for the government. Due to the high imposition of the taxation values, this can also be one of the reasons that have lead to the corruption; people try to skip themselves from paying taxes. But if the rates of taxes are lower than according to me, people would come forward by themselves to pay their ratio of taxes to the government which would help in the growth and development of the country.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.
We are also running a series Inspirational Women from January 2021 to March 31,2021, featuring around 1000 stories about Indian Women, who changed the world. #choosetochallenge