WHAT IS LIBERTY ?
Liberty has been derived from the Latin word LIBER which means free from all shackles. The Latin word liber denotes the absence of all restraints . It means that the liberty is the state of being free within society from restrictions imposed by authority on one’s way of life, or political views. Liberty is a blessing that must be earned in order to be enjoyed.
Liberty is the positive power of doing and enjoying those things which are worthy of enjoyment and work.Gettell
TYPES OF LIBERTY
- NATURAL LIBERTY – In natural liberty individuals are concerned only with themselves and the things they possess.
- CIVIL LIBERTY – Civil liberties are the rights guaranteed by the constitution. This is the absence of arbitrary restraints and the assurance of a body of rights such as those found in bills of rights, and in statutes.
- PERSONAL LIBERTY – Personal liberty is a liberty of an individual to do his will freely except for those restraints imposed by law to safeguard the physical, moral, political, and economic welfare of others.
- POLITICAL LIBERTY – Political liberty is the condition of those who are invested with the right effectually to share in framing and conducting the government under which they are politically organized.
- ECONOMIC LIBERTY – Economic liberty is the freedom to consume, purchase goods and services, and do trade of our choice without the use of fraud, theft and force.
- NATIONAL LIBERTY – National liberty refers to the capacity of being sovereign within society from oppressiveness imposed by the powerful. The term liberty also suggests the nation as well as citizens of that particular nation. National liberty is the root cause of civil, political and economic liberty.
IMPRTANCE OF LIBERTY
- Liberty helps us to exercise our choice freely and govern our lives so long as we permit the same to others.
- It empowers us to achieve our goals.
- Liberty makes us self sufficient and self dependent.
- Liberty in life helps in manifesting beauty, harmony, power, knowledge.
- Liberty is essential for an individual as well as the society for over all growth.
- Liberty gives us freedom to speak, work and to go any where in our country.
ROLE OF LIBBERTY
Liberty entails the responsible use of freedom under the rule of law without depriving anyone else of their freedom.
Positive liberty is the possession of the capacity to act upon one’s free will. In this one have freedom to make his or her own choices and government provides support to help to ensure equality of outcome.
Negative liberty is freedom from external restraint on one actions. It is the absence of obstacles or barriers.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.
We are also running a series Inspirational Women from January 2021 to March 31,2021, featuring around 1000 stories about Indian Women, who changed the world. #choosetochallenge