One of the most used terms after a pandemic is used new normal. A new standard of education is the increased used of online learning. The COVID- 19 pandemics has led to new ways of learning. All over the world, educational institutions are turning to online learning frameworks to continue the process of educating students. Today digital learning has emerged as a necessary resource for students and schools around the world. The new standard is a modified concept of online learning that is the basis for this change. In many educational institutions, this is completely a new approach to education. In recent months the need for online learning has increased dramatically and we will continue to do so in the future.
As with most teaching methods, online learning also has its inset of positives and negatives.
ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE LEARNING-
- Online learning gives teachers an effective way to deliver lessons to students. Online learning has many tools such as videos, PDFs, and teachers can use all of these tools as a part of their curriculum to teach. By extending the lesson beyond textbooks to include online resources, teachers can become more efficient educators.
- Another advantage of online learning is that it allows students to attend online classes from any location of their choice. It also allows schools to access a wide network of students, instead of being restricted to local boundaries. Additionally, online classes can be recorded and shared for future reference. This allows students to access reading in their leisure time.
- Online education is far more affordable as compared to physical learning. All the courses are available online, thus creating a paperless learning environment that is more affordable.
- The online learning program, with its wide range of options and resources, can be customized in many ways. It is the best way to create a complete learning environment that suits the need of each student.
DISADVANTAGES OF ONLINE LEARNING-
- For many students, one of the biggest challenges to learning online is the struggle to focus on the screen for a long time. By reading online, there is also a great opportunity for students to be easily distracted by social media or other sites. Therefore, it is important for teachers to keep their online classes fun, participatory and collaborative to help students stay focused on the lesson.
- Another key challenge for online classes is internet connectivity. Without a stable internet connection for students or teachers, there can be a lack of continuity of learning for the child. This harms the educational process.
- Students can learn a lot from being around their peers. However, in an online classroom, there is very little communication between students and teachers. This often results in a sense of isolation for the students.
- Many parents are concerned about the health risks of having their children spending hours watching the screen. This increase in screen time is one of the biggest problems and disruption to online learning.
Decoding and understanding these positives and negatives will help institutes in creating strategies for more efficiently delivering the lesson, ensuring an interrupted learning journey for students.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.