Section 37 of the Copyright Act, 1957 deals with broadcasting reproduction rights. Every broadcasting organization, shall have a special right known as, “Broadcasting Reproduction Right” in respects of its broadcasts.
This right will subsist for 25 years from the year of the broadcast.
During the period, if any person does the following acts without the license from the owner of the right, he will be deemed to have infringed the broadcast reproduction right-
[A] Acts constituting infringement-
- Re-broadcasting the broadcast;
- Causing the broadcast to be heard or seen by the public, on payment of any charge.(for e.g. cable operator)
- Making any sound recording or visual recording of the broadcast;
- Making any reproduction of such sound recording or where such initial recording was done without the license, or where it was recorded for any purpose not envisaged by such license;
- Selling and hiring the person, or offers for sale or hire any such sound recording or visual recording referred to in (3) and (4) above.
[B] Acts not constituting infringement of broadcast reproduction right-
- Making any sound recording or visual recording:
- For the private use, of the person making the recording
- Recording for the purpose of bona fide teaching or research.
- The use consistent with fair dealing or excerpts of a broadcast in:
- the reporting of current events, or
- for bona fide review, or
- teaching or research.
[C] Copyright subsisting in the contents of the Broadcast:
- A programme broadcast usually includes literacy, dramatic or musical works or records in which independent copyright may subsist
- In such cases, the broadcasting organization should obtain the consent or license of the Copyright owners in the work in question, because, copyright in such works includes the right to communicate the work to the place.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.