A trademark designing is name, level , icon that give the idea about the company product , service, standard etc. It is used as unique symbol and the assets of the company which make difference among identical product .
Some important points
- It protect the uniqueness of the product
- It helps in development of the Business with the Innovation
- It generates the new revenue for Licensing
- It protect the name, logo, graphics .
Reason to consider trademark design
- When the trademark is registered , it can be used across the country. If trademark is not registered then it can only be used in the local area and if a any company of another area or a similar industry uses the same design then then no action can be taken
- If any other company uses the trademark design without permission . Then Trademark Infringement can be filed against that company.
- If a company,Business or Industry have a trademark which uses a verbal and non verbal design then it is a duty to convince the matter to the trademark office that they are combining two trademark element into one trademark design and it is necessary to show that non verbal design can stand alone as logo without the use of text.
There are the legal advisor who give advice to the client with all aspect of BUsiness development. Applying trademark design might look easy on surface but process is complex. So, at that time it is necessary to take help from legal attorney who save the time and money.
How to design a trade mark
Step 1- At first, it is necessary to what type of registered trademark are used in the industry or by the competitors
Step2- To find out , colour , identity is used by the competitors then it would be helpful for maintaining uniqueness.
Step 3- To find out Target market for ensuring brand identity
Step4- Then design the trademark with the intention of registration
Step 5- “use it or lose it “
Types of design that can be trademarked
- Product designs
- A designs which is used for product lebelling or packaging
- Color scheme , It is useful to identify the product it from the competitiors
However for trademark protection , design must be unique and must meet the USPTO standard . A design of the trademark should not be confusing or similar to another design which is already trademarked and It should not be similar to the application of the design which is pending.
Registration of Trademark Design
- It is necessary to register the trademark design with the USPTO through the Trademark Electronic Application System or use an online trademark services . Registration of trademark design is same as any other type of trademark but there are some issue which is necessary to know –
- In a trade mark application , a image must include a design . It is also necessary to decide whether the trademark is black , white or a color version .
- If Black and White color has been chosen then design would be protected in any colour for displaying purpose.
- If design is based on particular colour then it is necessary to register
- Filling fees is also required for registration
So, Trademark designing is the symbol,name,level, of the product and services. It is an Intellectual property and used as assets of the company . It helps in the development of business . registration of Trademark is necessary so, no other competitors use it. It has different color , according to the necessity of the product , colour would be selected.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.