“We stand for global security and so we take care of everyone’s life“the global security includes military and diplomatic measures that nations and international organizations such as the United Nations and NATO take to ensure mutual safety and security. International security is a national security or the state security in the global arena.
ABSTRACT:- Global security, is a term which refer to the measure taken by states and international organizations such as the United Nations, European Union, and others, to ensure mutual survival and safety. Global security includes military and diplomatic measures that nations and international organizations such as the United Nations and NATO take to ensure mutual safety and security. In the post-World War II era, the focus on the well-being of states was reflected in the dominance of approaches seeking “national security.” Notwithstanding alternative understandings and practices of security that have always existed, it was this state-focused and externally-directed approach that prevailed throughout the Cold War era. Although alternative thinking that pointed to the individual, societal, and global dimensions of security began to develop during the Cold War it did not flourish until after it ended. Especially since
the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the global dimension of security has also gained prominence. The business community has figured out how to work in a coordinated manner, but the “security” community is still working with the mentality of existential adversity. Simultaneously, it is clear that, if we want to stabilize security environment, we must look beyond our traditional military philosophy and deal very seriously with new global security challenge.
At the very beginning, it is necessary to point out that the current security challenges and risks in global security environment are of a military and non-military nature; however, the most of them are of a non-military nature. These security challenges and risks are closely interconnected; consequently, the situation in one area can seriously affect the situation in other areas. Simultaneously, most of the current challenges and risks in one region of the world are also common to the adjacent regions, or we could even say that also in many outlying areas. According to Jonathan Granoff There are global public goals, the cooperative pursuit of which will amplify the capacity of nations to work together and find common ground in addressing issues where current differences preclude critical short term progress. Some of these goals are issues of critical importance where the quality of life for billions of people is at stake. These include: ending terrorism, preventing pandemic diseases, obtaining cyber security and stable financial markets, and bringing about peaceful democratization in transitioning countries. There are other issues that challenge the very existence of civilization. Success in these arenas is imperative. For example, predictions relating to a degraded climate by legions of incredible scientists range from disastrous to downright apocalyptic. We know that any use of a nuclear weapons will disrupt society in dramatic ways, but few recognize that a mere 100 blasts could push tons of material into the atmosphere causing a drop in climate and massive famine sufficient to kill billions from starvation and render civilization a meaningless dream of the past.
WHO IS GOBAL SECURITY:- Global security is owned by Roy Williams – President At Global
Security Corporation – Global Security Corporation LinkedIn Global security includes military and
diplomatic measures that nations and international organizations such as the United Nations and NATO take to ensure mutual safety and security. RAND provides analyses that help policymakers understand political, military, and economic trends around the world; the sources of potential regional conflict; and emerging threats to the global security environment.
WHY GOBAL SECURITY IS IMPORTANT:- Global security is important for issues critical importance where the quality of life for a billion of people is at stake this includes ending terrorism preventing pandemic diseases of obtaining cyber security and stable financial markets and bring about peaceful democratization in transitioning countries the international security community entirely neglects this lesson, and most glaringly in nuclear weapons policies. Imagine if the treaty banning biological weapons universally stated that while no country is allowed to use polio or small pox as a weapon, in the interest of strategic global stability “we” will permit nine countries to stockpile and threaten the use of the plague as a weapon.
METHOD USED TO CONROLL GOBAL SECURITY :-
- BOLSTER ACCESS CONTROL Access control is an important part of security. Weak access control leaves your data and systems susceptible to unauthorized access .Boost access control measures by using a strong password system. You should have a mix of uppercase and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. Also, always reset all default passwords. Finally, create a strong access control policy.
- KEEP ALL SOFTWARE UPDATED As pesky as those update alerts can be, they are vital to your network’s health. From anti-virus software to computer operating systems, ensure your software is updated. When a new version of software is released, the version usually includes fixes for security vulnerabilities. Manual software updates can be time-consuming. Use automatic software updates for as many programs as possible.
- STANDARDIZE SOFTWARE Keep your systems protecting by standardizing software. Ensure that users cannot install software onto the system without approval. Not knowing what software is on your network is a huge security vulnerability. Make sure that all computers use the same:
- Operating system
- Media player
Standardization also makes system updates less of a hassle.
4. USE NETWORK PROTECTION MEASURES Protecting your network is crucial. To keep your network and its traffic secured:
- Install a firewall
- Ensure proper access controls
- Use IDS/IPS to track potential packet floods
- Use network segmentation
- Use a virtual private network (VPN)
- Conduct proper maintenance
5. EMPLOYEE TRAINING Sometimes external threats are successful because of an insider threat. The weakest link in data protection can be your own employees. Ensure your employees understand network security. Your employees should be able to identify threats. They should also know who to contact to avoid a security breach. Provide security training throughout the year, and be sure to update it. There are new security risk every day. A general security awareness training program is an excellent choice to start with, and it can always be tailored to your industry and organizational security concerns. Some training programs only need to be completed once while others (primarily those meant for compliance and security threats that constantly evolve) need to be undertaken annually.
Briefing ABOUT GLOBAL SECURITY:- Security, like peace, identity and other terminologies
in that fold of international political theory has attracted many definitions. Unfortunately, many contributors approach these concepts from their own ideologies. Hence, broad areas of description of the term “security” exist. If defining security is that elusive, there is little wonder why operating within its coverage is so fluid. In the name of security, people and governments have taken actions where intended and unintended outcomes have become difficult to handle. Because of its seeming lack of conceptual boundary, security, as a concept, is used to entice and whip up patronage for many political projects both at the state and international levels of politicking.
Hence, Paul D. Williams argued that “security is therefore a powerful political tool in claiming attention for priority items in the competition for government attention” Global security is important for issues of critical importance where the quality of life for a billion of people is at stake this includes ending terrorism preventing pandemic diseases of obtaining cyber security and stable financial markets and bring about peaceful democratization in transitioning countries
With the advocacy of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) human security elements have acquired a wider dimension, for they go beyond military protection and engage threats to human dignity. Accordingly, it has become necessary for states to make conscious efforts towards building links with other states and to consciously engage in global security initiatives. OCHA’s expanded definition of security calls for a wide range of security areas:
- Economic: creation of employment and measures against poverty.
- Food: measures against hunger and famine.
- Health: measures against disease, unsafe food, malnutrition and lack of access to basic health care.
- Environmental: measures against environmental degradation, resource depletion, natural disasters and pollution.
- Personal: measures against physical violence, crime, terrorism, domestic violence and child labour.
- Community: measures against inter-ethnic, religious and other identity tensions.
- Political: measures against political repression and human rights abuses.
Louis Beres’ observation over 40 years ago that “world leaders continue to act as if security of their respective states is based upon national military power”8 remains valid even today. His advice that states need to embrace a new spirit of oneness is crucial for all. There is, therefore, an urgent need to re- evaluate Beres’ argument that states “continue to misunderstand that their only safe course is one in which the well-being and security of each is determined from the standpoint of what is best for the system as a whole”.9 Here lies the attraction in global security “what is best for all” .
The global community stands to benefit from greater intra-states collaboration and cooperation, for greater interaction will help build trust and confidence. National and regional security breakdowns are a global security problem. Therefore, it is in the interest of all that no national security challenge be allowed to escalate into a global problem. Aside from spillouts resulting from deliberate human activities, another area of concern is the consequences of internal conflicts, which include refugee problems and which transcend geographical contiguity. Environmental and climate change issues are other areas that call for more cooperation among states, especially when dealing with the aftermath of an earthquake or a tsunami. Disarmament and non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction are other areas that make global collaboration and cooperation necessary. The acquisition of nuclear weapons and similar armaments, which started as a national security option, has become today a major threat to national and global security.
The seemingly hard-line posture of many state actors towards disarmament requires the development of a moral consciousness that can only be reinforced by cooperation and collaboration at the international level. Despite all we know about the human toll of HIV/AIDS – the numbers of infections, the deaths, the children who are orphaned we are left to guess what the long-term effect of the pandemic will be on the States most afflicted by the disease. While HIV/AIDS depletes the capacity of States and economies in Africa faster than it can be replenished, we do not know the cumulative effects of loss of government officials, skilled health professionals, teachers, service providers ,caregivers, police, soldiers and peacekeepers. In the absence of good research into these questions, we cannot begin to develop a strategy for countering the long-term effects of HIV/AIDS on governance and State stability.
IMPORTANCE OF GLOBAL SECURITY:-
- TERRORISM:- It is a global threat affecting virtually every country. There is no commonly agreed definition of terrorism. Between the 1930s and the end of the Cold war, over 100 definitions have been published. However, some universal norms and characteristics are largely accepted to define terrorism: The use of illegal violence or force (today this includes the use of WMD-devices as well) It is a non-governmental phoneme – non;Violence is used against civilians, who are per definition innocent.
- ORGANIZED CRIME:-
1)Illegal drug production and trafficking;
2)Trafficking in people;
3)Economic / financial fraud, including money
4)Illegal arms trade;
7)Environment-related crime, in particular toxic
8)Traffic of organs
- WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION:-
- Biological Weapons
- Nuclear Weapons
- Chemical Weapons
- CONTROLLING OF ARMS:– The impacts of controlling arms in global security Armed violence is not only a cause of underdevelopment, but also a consequence of it. Risk factors associated with armed violence and underdevelopment include: weak institutions.
- systemic economic and horizontal inequalities.
- exclusion of minority groups.
- unequal gender relations.
- limited education opportunities.
- persistent unemployment.
- organized crime.
- availability of illicit firearms and drugs.
DIFFERENT WAYS OF GLOBAL SECURITY:-
- Arms Proliferation and Control.
- Law of the Sea.
- Law of War.
- Maritime Piracy.
- Nation Building.
- Nuclear Disarmament.
- Peacekeeping and Stability Operations.
- Security Cooperation.
LANDMARK CASE RELATED TO GLOBAL SECURITY:- The Manager Smk Global Security vs Kailash Laxman Borkar
CONCLUSION :- The goal of this book has been to chart the relationship between globalization and security, in order to assess the potential impacts on the ‘security state’. Globalization has had an important impact on security in terms of shifting the organization of state power beyond the nation level The study has indicated that such changes do not necessitate an end to the state as the institutional source of political power, but does have important impacts on the organization of states, pointing to the development of an increasingly integrated transatlantic region, and a potential scale shift of the governance of security functions These affect the ability of the security state to provide security against contingency, as the environment of security encompasses threats that are not easily located inside or outside the state. Second, the development of a global ideology of security that goes against the ‘go it alone’ mentality of national security measures reflects an increasing recognition of the development of global security challenges.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.