Creativity, flexibility and end-goals goes hand in hand. To achieve something we have to hustle, fight for it, work hard and give your 100% to reach to “that” desired goal. To enhance abilities- competition, fast paced environment and workload is important but this in the era of COVID-19 pandemic, it has certainly become toxic and stressful. In the run for survival, the fear of not reaching the desired goal and keeping up a healthy schedule, has become a challenge. Positive Creativity is important, rather than negative sped-up deadlines. The duty of the management, HR, coordinators etc., being to distribute the work load and thus giving relief too, making it business to gain profits as well as creating a healthy and efficient work environment. To further understand this:
• Deadlines will force us to focus on finishing the task at hand rather than coming up with creative ideas, thus reaching the desired goal and gaining profits.
• Even if we get creative ideas, implementing and using them to reach the aim requires more time, observation and analysis. With a short deadline, that will be difficult and hence people will go for routine and already worked out ideas, just making it faster and efficient as the ways are already full proof.
• Everyone is different and unique in their own way. Some people be creative under pressure, and some people will bring innovative ideas, only if they are not under pressure. So, giving tight deadlines to those, who cannot cope up with pressure can destroy creativity, to which as the brain of the business, it’s bad for desired goal.
• If there are no deadlines, people may keep postponing the task in search of a better creative idea, thus delay in reaching the desired goal.
• If we get used to being creative, we will be creative even if we have deadlines, making the pace slow. Thinking and implementing creative ideas can become a habit, which requires experiments and observations.
• Continuously chasing deadlines can make us emotionally exhausted. Hence there will be no motivation to be creative, hence the real person we are, somewhere it will be lost.
• With no deadline, we’ll have plenty of time, so we may also think about why the idea won’t work, the possibility of failure, thus making it toxic eventually and constant failure can kill the motivation to try something new. This can indeed kill creativity.
Deadline V Creativity:
Every one of us is creative in some ways, making us different from each other. The creative skills differ from person to person, someone can use it at a faster rate as compared to others. There are both sides where creativity leads to lethargy and deadlines help to enhance creativity, so which one is us, is hard to decide, and often creates confusion. One of the biggest failures of Entrepreneurs is not doing things on time, thus causing delay. Despite bubbling with unique ideas, many entrepreneurs have failed to implement and produce creative ideas on time. Consequently, other contenders succeeded by implementing ideas at the right time. Therefore now, multitasking and being efficient has great value. So, the truth is that the present scenario demands us to be both creative enough to produce stellar deliverables, finished goods or services and be adequately creative to manage the deadlines.
Deadlines are Unavoidable:
Parents always feel that their children face constant pressure to finish every project on time, doubled by the expectations to perform exceedingly well, but that is how the society has become. No matter what there will always be someone better, so with the limited time, the person with better perspective eventually wins. Therefore for everything be it schools, college or work, keeping a balance between workload, deadlines and creativity is highly important. The outcome of the process of putting great effort and hardwork and dedication brings out excellent results. It is noteworthy that procrastination occurs when there isn’t any deadline. Besides incorporating and following healthy habits into day to day lives, discipline, systematicity, and time management must be the primary principles of business owner, managers, schools, colleges, entrepreneurs, etc. It helps them to strikingly balance their creativity and deadlines and thus making themselves happy too. Overworking will create toxicity within and thus can become over bearing with time.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.