Now a days social media is a platform where we can get in touch with new people, old friends, family members easily. Every Generation is having an account on social media whether it is an old generation young generation or middle generation. But as we know each and every thing is having two sides. For eg: each coin has two sides similarly Everything has its advantages and disadvantages. The biggest disadvantage are crimes related to social media apps. While making an account they just ask for basic information which any one can provide easily so making of fake accounts becomes easy. Today we see many pages which provides with the information which is not appropriate for the younger generation and they get many wrong information because there is no age restrictions for making of profiles. Cyber bulling online threats, stalking is the most common crimes which takes place on social media the most common targeted platform are: facebook, Instagram, twitter, linkedin.
This apps are commonly used to make fake profiles/accounts. According to Rajya Sabha Crime data presented that 93,000 cases of fraud were registered in last three years
|Number of cases||Year|
As mentioned below the most common crimes committed are:
- Online threats, stalking, cyber bullying: in this kind of crimes the victims don’t know when to call the police, this is the main reason behind this types of crimes goes unpunished or isn’t taken seriously. If you are feeling threatened by anyone who stated you wrong statement you should go and complain about it to police.
- Hacking and fraud: logging into a friends account and posting something wrong or embarrassing status message may be acceptable between friends but technically in the eye of law it’s a serious crime. Creating fake accounts to trick people can also be punished as fraud. It depends upon the account holder how he/she is using the account.
- Vacation Robberies: As we know most of people are having habit to upload a story or posting about each and every activity they are doing if they are out of station for enjoyment or for any work and they are sharing their information through posting things and if its not restricted till friends only then buglars get information and it becomes easy to do their work.
- Creation of fake accounts: creating a fake profile of a person without his/her permission and posting offensive content.
- Fake online friendship: Now what is online friendship making of friends on online platform without any real familiarity or without any friendship before in this the fake person somehow makes a bond with us and then takes our personal information so while making friends we should be careful.
- Block profiles from public searches
- Restrict who can find you via online search
- Limit what people can search about you although searching on net.
- Log out after each session
- Don’t share social media passwords
- Don’t accept friend request from unknown
- Don’t click on suspicious link
- Keep the privacy settings of your social media account at the most restricted levels
- Remember that information scattered over multiple posts, photographs, status, comments etc. may together reveal enough about you to enable a wrong person to know about you or steal your identity and can commit a fraud against you.
- Apply maximum caution while sharing anything online.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at email@example.com
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.
You may also like to read: