2020 has brought unprecedented challenges with Covid-19 claiming many lives. The indomitable human spirit and collective community effort has gone a long way in curbing transmission of Covid-19. However, the pandemic is not over yet and we need to make behavioral adaptions to live with this new normal. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi talks about Covid Appropriate Behavior.
Since 2020, we have been facing this virus which has stopped time and changed the daily working of people all over the world. Covid Appropriate Behavior (CAB) is important even after one has been vaccinated. There are people in the pandemic who are still infected and maybe asymptomatic or may have mild symptoms, it could be our close friends or family. The Vaccine may protect us from severe diseases but it may give us mild symptoms or be infectious. To prevent this, CAB is very important, even after vaccination.
Covid Appropriate Behavior
During the pandemic, couple of simple measures have been advocated as preventive measures against corona infection transmission. Most of these methods can be done at the personal level like Hand Hygiene, Respiratory Hygiene, and physical distancing and wearing face masks. These four ways are our four pillars of our fight.
- Hand Hygiene: Washing your hands frequently with soap and water is mandatory. If soap is unavailable, use of alcohol based hand drips, especially after you touch frequently touched surfaces like doorknobs, staircase railings, lift buttons, taps, etc. Also, these frequently touched surfaces need to be frequently disinfected with chemicals.
- Avoid visiting Crowded Places: Try to avoid crowded places as much as possible, also avoid travel whenever unnecessary in public places such as ATMs, shops and markets.
- Physical Distance: Maintain a distance of 6 feet at all times. Do not indulge in any physical contact such as hand shaking or hugging.
- Respiratory Etiquette: It is better to sneeze or cough into a handkerchief or tissue to contain the spread. If you don’t have one, sneezing or coughing is supposed to be done into a folded arm and not forget to wash your hands after sneezing or coughing. Do not spit in public places as it is dangerous for others and yourself from Covid point of view.
- Cover your face with a mask: Always wear a reusable preferably a cloth mask whenever outdoors, especially in a crowded area or if you have any of Covid symptoms.
Developing Covid Symptoms
Self-Isolating from family members is the first thing which should be done if symptoms to Covid 19 can be seen. Contact your nearest healthcare provider for your testing as well as treatment. For any Covid related queries, National Helpline no. 1075 or state helpline no. are available as well.
Although the vaccination process has begun in our country, it is likely to take several months to vaccinate a substantial proportion of our population. Till that time, we have to continue following same precautions that we have been doing for the last one year that is extremely important for us to remember that no vaccine is 100% perfect, also after taking the vaccine schedule, it will take a couple of days or even two to three weeks for the adequate anti bodies to form. So, we should not assume that just because we have taken a shot of the vaccine, absolutely everything is fine and we can revert back to our old habits. A combination of vaccine and all the Covid Appropriate Behavior is the best way to move forward at the current time.
I have always been against Glorifying Over Work and therefore, in the year 2021, I have decided to launch this campaign “Balancing Life”and talk about this wrong practice, that we have been following since last few years. I will be talking to and interviewing around 1 lakh people in the coming 2021 and publish their interview regarding their opinion on glamourising Over Work.
If you are interested in participating in the same, do let me know.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a Facebook Group Restarter Moms for Mothers or Women who would like to rejoin their careers post a career break or women who are enterpreneurs.
You may also like to read: