She is the daughter of one of the most successful and versatile actors in the Industry and He is presently one of the richest Actors in Bollywood. What was more amazing is their marriage standing strong for more than 15 years in an Industry, despite being in an industry wherein relationships are broken more often than the film muhurat coconuts. Ignoring and debating on the negatives, here are a few take aways for a couple :-
1. She did not marry when Akki was at the top – It takes a lot of courage to take a leap with a person who has had 12 flops continuously and is known to have a roving eye. Akki did not have the kind of money and reach he has today during that time. Twinkle was almost like just another Star Kid in the Industry. No wonder, they say a real woman does not run behind a successful man, she helps him make an empire.
2. They encourage each other – Tina said that even now, in whichever corner of the world Akki is she never sends an Article without getting it approved from her better half. She also said that how at one point she refused to have a second child unless Akki started doing sensible movies. Considering their busy schedules,to take time out to encourage your spouse is what we can all learn and start doing more often. Sometimes we tend to underestimate our spouses and their work but a few moments in a day or a few moments of encouragement may make wonders for them.
3. Sunday is a family day – Even despite being one of the top actors, he is one of the few actors, who strictly do not work on Sundays. It is a complete Family day. Most of the working couples today find it harder to say No to their work places on a Sunday. Its ok, the company is going to pay you the same salary whether you work on a Sunday or not but spending a few more hours completely with your family . Be Strict in telling your office collegues that you are unapproachable on a Sunday.
4. Share an activity with your children – One of the interesting facts that Akki mentioned was how earlier he would drag his son to the gym and insist him to workout and now his son drags him to the gym early morning and forces him to work out. It is important to share an activity with your children. This not only brings up discipline in children but also helps in strengthening the bond between the parents and children.
5. Stick up together even despite rumours – Film Industry is a place where extra marital affair is a routine kind of. Even despite being a man with a roving eye. The couple has stood together with the test of time and are still together. Marriage is not something that can be easily broken.
I had written this article, when I had seen them last on Koffee With Karan. Yes, at one point of time, I did watch that silly show because everyone who was suppossedly classy did watch the show.
The copyright of this Article belongs exclusively to Ms. Aishwarya Sandeep. Reproduction of the same, without permission will amount to Copyright Infringement. Appropriate Legal Action under the Indian Laws will be taken.
If you would also like to contribute to my website, then do share your articles or poems at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also like to read: