This Blog is a part of #BlogchatterA2Z series for the Alphabet V. I have chosen to write about the stereotype and the very pathetic content that some of our serials have managed to air.
Not only the Daily Soaps by Ekta Kapoor but also a lot of other production houses have managed to keep their brains at home, while writing these shows. Some of the worst traits of these Television serials apart from their scripts, dressing sense, character sketch and story line would be mentioned hereunder:-
Sadly many of these serials managed to be the best sellers and highest TRP rating serials.
P.S. I have not watched any of them but this blog is written on the basis of social media memes and inputs on the same from Quora and Facebook.
So here are some of the worst traits of very pathetic Serials
- The actress have to wear full makeup and a saree when they go to sleep. Actors can wear Kurta Pyjama and only white colour once they are home but the actress needs to have kgs of makeup and tons of jewelery when they go to sleep. Indian Serial Actresses never heard of Nightwear.
- Almost 24*7 even at home women wear high heels. I don’t understand how.
- The Ba or the Patriarchial Head of the serial never seems to age or die.
- Your Grand daughter on screen may be elder to you off screen. But you are the star so cannot change the main character.
- Marriage and Divorce is just a joke.
- Only in Indian Serials, when a person undergoes Plastic Surgery not only the face but also the height, body, hair, voice seems to change.
- The Vamp can wear anything that she wishes, anybody who wears western outfit is not sanskari and is against Indian Values.
- Only a fat person or not so good looking person can be a comedian. Good Looking people cannot have a sense of humour.
- People seem to absorb shocking news very slowly therefore, the same needs to be repeated atleast thrice with strong background music. Only then a strong point is conveyed.
- Only Daya’s slap can make a criminal confess his crime. CID has been working with the same team, with same salary, with no family or personal life driving in the same car and nabbing criminals in the same way.
- Forensics in TV serials are nothing less than a miracle. Even School Laboratories are more equiped than the Forensic Laboratories on Tv.
- None of the women on TV seem to have a career. Their only aim in life is to be a wife of an eligibile bachelor, look like a million bucks, wear designer sarees and jewels. Career !!! What is that ???
- People can die and reborn again anytime. Remeber Mihir guys ? How many times did he die and get a plastic surgery done ?
- Two people who hate each other, can fall in love with each other. Trust each other blindly. Rain acts as a catalyst, they both fall in love with each other. Until then they do not realise how beautiful or handsome or helpful the opposite person is.
- The actors almost never have any stress. The men are always fresh despite working non-stop, women do not have a drop of sweat. What are they Ambani’s. I am sure at the end of the day even Nita Ambani must be looking worn out but not our serial actresses.
- Law of physics and Logic almost never exist in these serials. For that matter even basic biology does not appear. None of the characters have health issues or balding or over weight.
- Stereotyping regions is common. All Characters mostly have North Indian surnames.
- The more the lead actress cries, the more TRP, more sponsors, more audience.
- Whoever has the most tragic background stories, tends to win the Reality shows.
- Some Television shows survive on the number of swear words they can manage in the single episode.
These are a few non sense reasons why the content on the Indian Television sometimes become idiotic or too much to tolerate.
So this was my article for the Alphabet V for the #BlogchatterA2Z Challenge. For my next Alphabet W, I would be writing about We can Chat !! A series on Chat Shows on the Indian Television.
If you like this article, then please do share it with your friends on your social media.
The Copyright of this Article is exclusively owned by Ms.Aishwarya Sandeep. In case of reproduction of the same without consent would be punishable under the Indian Laws, subject to Mumbai Jurisdiction.
You may also like to read.