I generally prefer to keep Soumya in cloth nappies all day. Sometimes, it is irritating having to change them almost every 10 mins, but I still feel that they are better than diapers. Not wearing diapers means there are chances that your bed may also get wet. I generally put a plastic dry sheet before putting her down on the bed to keep it from getting wet. But kids these days are smart enough. Even though she is just 3 months old, she can successfully push the sheet with her legs and roll out of it.
The other problem that I faced with the dry sheet was that at the end of the day it smelled a lot. During Suraj’s time, about 5 years ago, I used a dry sheet as well as plastic sheets along with cloth. The plastic sheets made him sweat like hell. And therefore, I ended up relying on the dry sheet more. One thing that helped me then was the climate. It was summer then, so even if I washed the dry sheet daily, it would dry by the end of the day but that is not the same today with Soumya. The Mumbai rains have gone crazy and drying clothes is a big task, forget about dry sheets.
A few months ago, when my grandmother was bedridden, the hospital had suggested that we should buy changing mats for her, even if we used diapers for her. That was the first time, I saw something like changing mats. Frankly, until then, I was not aware that such a product existed in the market.
One fine day, I was just browsing through Amazon, because that is how I like to spend my time nowadays, I came across Teddyy Changing Mats. Without a second thought, I immediately ordered them, even without reading the reviews. Thanks to the rain gods, I got an opportunity to use these mats, and trust me these are one of the best investments I made for my daughter.
The best part of these mats was,
- She was unable to do her usual exercise of kicking the mat or sheet below, which means even she loves it and most importantly it ensured a clean bed;
- No cleanup, no laundry. I could throw the mats when they became soiled because they are disposable, easy to carry and lightweight. They have also made it possible for me to travel with Soumya.
- They were made from soft, spongy material, which absorbed any spill quickly and kept Soumya dry and comfortable.
- Its waterproof backsheet made sure there were no stains on my bed.
- It had an antibacterial cover and a hypoallergenic formula which assured me about my daughter’s hygiene.
- Its special criss-cross design and special gel technology locked the liquid in and literally made these mats spill-proof.
- Most importantly, Soumya and I loved it because it is soft and did not become bulky at the end of the day.
A calm baby means a happy mommy. Yes. My daughter is exceptionally quiet and enjoys her own company but she screams the moment her clothes are wet or when she is hungry. I mean that is what children are supposed to do, but as these mats absorbed the wetness faster, her crying had been considerably low. I plan to carry these changing mats with me when I travel with Soumya because they are light and take less space in the bag.
Truly, Teddyy Changing Mats have been a godsend for me, and that’s why I want all other mommies to know about them. So, if you haven’t given them a try, please do. They are going to make it so much easier for you.