You complete me

It is important that you all have a best friend a , BFF who is an inseparable part of you. Your BFF is someone, who is always there with you no matter, what crap goes on in your life. The role of a BFF in your life is not limited to only listening to you and advising you, but no matter, how miles away are, they help you to be with you.

This Valentine’s Day, I want to take an opportunity to thank and appreciate my BFF, for being always being a part of my life. You must be wondering, that why I am writing a post for my BFF, on the occasion of Valentine’s Day. Well, definitely, it is a day to celebrate love and why not express your love to your BFF, who has done so much for you knowingly or unknowingly. I was always an introvert and it took ages for me to talk or interact with someone.

Initially, we met only during weekends and school vacations, but the frequency of our meetings increased as my travel time for college and work increased. How my family and friends, constantly hated my BFF’s presence !! I was constantly asked to get rid of their bad company, but some habits die hard.

Yes, my soulmate and BFF are books. An ideal date for me would be to be lost in a library, with decent amount of food to survive in 24 Degree Celsius and some light music in the background. That is how I would describe heaven on earth. There was a phase in my life, when nothing was going good, I would be up all night crying until I went to sleep on my own. It was during this time, that books changed my life. I started reading Harry Potter at the age of 24. Yes. It was a tough life to deal with but reading about Harry’s troubles and his journey into the magical world made me forget about my troubles.

I used to read fiction books,in the Court Rooms by hiding them in between the files. I never went anywhere without a book in my bag. I looked forward to a new day because I wanted to read a new book. I worked at Churchgate during those days and my office would leave at 7 pm. My travel time was around 2 hours. There used to be a book seller, who used to come around that time and sell books for about Rs. 40/- each. They were second hand books, but I just wanted to read them till I reached home.

Books helped me heal my physical and mental strain. I lived someone else’s life through them. I met new people through books and ultimately did not feel the need to physically meet people in my life. For the first time in my life, I was happy and content being independent in every sense. I read a lot of Danielle Steel’s books, her strong characters, inspired me to challenge the world and the situations. My soulmate taught me to be strong no matter, how bad the condition is. Even a column, on this website is based on the title of my Favourite book authored by her “One Day at a Time”. A simple sentence that speaks volumes about life.

Next I went through another bad phase, that is during my post partum. I suffered from very bad post partum depression, which I was not aware about. Helpless, I went back to my BFF, but this time our relationship changed. They trained me to be more stronger and take a step further if I wanted to change my life for better now. I started writing. By now, the internet speed and access had also increased. I had developed a capacity to read anything and everything at any given point of time.

I had a secret dream of being a published author and my books knew my dream. They motivated me to write and go ahead, and finally I became a published author. The best part about my Soulmate was, it never judged me. Yes. I did not succeed as an author in the first go, but the process of writing a book taught me a lot. Perhaps sometimes, failure is the best teacher a person can have. My Soulmate, taught me the best lesson to handle failure and how to rectify my mistakes.

The best thing about my relationship with books is that, they do not judge me, they do not care if i am in my PJ’s or well dressed. They still love me back for who I am and never judge me but always motivate me. People may come and go in my life, but my books and their love for me will always stay with me till the end of my last breath.

Extremely sorry to those readers, who were expecting a cute little love story on a Valentine’s Day theme but sometimes, some people also deserve attention and appreciation for their contribution in our lives.

This post is a part of the Valentine’s Day blog train hosted by www.prernawahi.com www.vartikasdiary.com, sponsored by ShilpSa, Kalpavriksha farms & Neha from @bloggingmadeeasier ”

The prompt that I had selected is the Featured Image of this Blog.

Do leave in your comments and thoughts in the comment section. Also do not forget to share it on your social media site.

Also do follow me on my Social media pages, the link to the same has been given on the top right hand side of this page.

#vdayblogtrain

40 Comments Add yours

1. Dr. Surbhi Prapanna says:

haha loved your post dear, and no worries we are in the same boat. I too have a long-lasting loving relationship with books and it is easy to share a relationship with books..books are best buddies and I loved you had picked them to write Vday post. #Vdayblogtrain

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks Surbhi… Only a true book lover can understand my emotions

1. Priyal says:

Books can be our soulmate for life….no one can take a place when we fall in love with books. Lovely post

2. Yes its a different valentine day story dear… Books can be your love for life

3. Reading heals me, make my boring days colorful and we are bonded over decades now. Enjoyed reading your post, Aishwarya.

1. Disha says:

Books are the best friends you can ever have and they are truly Bffs. 🙂

4. Lovely post..nice to hear about your BBF..n how it helped you out Everytime you are in need . I honestly believe that books and writings can heal many wounds.take care..❤️

5. I could really feel your passion for books! Great post 👍
    #VDayBlogTrain

1. Thanks a lot noor

Liked by 1 person

6. alpanadeo says:

Books are our dearest pals and we don’t realize but in this journey they become our Valentine. And the best part of this love story is you don’t have to wait for one particular day to express your love. Isn’t that great?!!
    #vdayblogtrain

7. Very subtle and different meaning to Valentine’s day…books can be ur love and bff for life…then why not be your Valentine!!..enjoyed reading:)

1. Thanks Vani… For understanding me

8. shivanisalil says:

May your affair never end. Books were and are my first love so I completely get you.
    Beautiful post

9. Lovely interpretation of the prompt. As someone who loves books too, your post resonated with me. Good one.

10. I agree with you Aishwarya, books are the ultimate soulmate. I have this love affair with books too and carry at least one with me whenever I step out. They comfort you, nourish you and take you on a magical journey whenever you want. That’s the best kind of love. Amen!

11. Books really are our BFF as no matter what the situation is they help us get out of it, guide us. as both my parents were into teaching books and libraries were integral part of my life, I can also pick any book and start reading. very well written.

12. jameela says:

Books no doubt are forever love ❤ but in Ur case it served therapeutic n helped u overcome the bad phase in life 🙂

13. Aakriti says:

No wonder, the bibliophile in understands every word you say. Loved reading about your relationship with books and off course they will never judge you .

14. praggattirao says:

Loved it thoroughly
    It’s not a deviation at all as the books are anyone’s or let’s say majority’s best bet.
    Good one and worth a writeup to the value that books fetch us

15. eshachaks says:

What a lovely ode to your BFF and pst pst… They are my BFF too… Books are life❤️

16. Ramya says:

No need to feel sorry Aishwarya, there are so many book lovers like you in blogging world. Iam one of them and I can relate to every word in the post.

17. vidhya29 says:

great post! books indeed are a big part of my life too! they never judge us, just shower love!

18. They say ” a dog is man’s best friend”, i tend to disagree. I say “a book is man’s best friend”. Great to know that we think alike, with a book i never feel lonely. I enjoy their company so much that i can literally spend days with them. Loved the take on the prompt.

19. Aishwarya books are my best buddies too and i’m so happy to read similar thoughts in your post.. Same pinch..

20. ritwika16 says:

I am not an avid reader frankly but I loved the way you expressed your love and passion for blogs. Nicely penned.

21. Varsh says:

Books have probably healed and held hands (pun intended) of many during hard times without actually intending it. My reading journey began just like yours. Don’t be sorry for making this a love story with your books, because truly, no one else can love you back as passionately and understand you as dearly as books.

22. Oh I completely understand when you say that family and friends have been worried over your obsession with books. I have been in a similar situation. And congratulations for your book. I would love to pick it up sometime. Adding it to my TBR

23. MeenalSonal says:

Loved your soulmate. I completely agree that books don’t judge the readers but sometimes we judge the book 😉
    Congratulations for your book.
    Cheers
    MeenalSonal

24. People who read are people who write well.. I feel.. and I believe each time I read wonderful writeups by book lovers like you 🙂

25. First things first, congratulations on your book Aishwarya. Will read it sometime for sure. Your passionate love for the books is quite evident in the post and I agree, Vday is about love then why can’t it be for the books? Good one.

26. Lovely blog. I have been an avid reader and my kids have also picked up this habit from me.

27. Books- definitely BFFS and first loves. No one else can come close!

28. vijvihaar says:

Wow loved reading a true love & emotion of book lover

29. Prerna Wahi says:

Congrats on your book. It’s a big accomplished to become a published author. Enjoyed your write up and reading about your BFF- books!

30. Misha says:

beautifully written and well-articulated yaa.. I am also my best with books

31. Maya Bhat says:

When it comes to books we all are soul sisters. I second your point that books heal us mentally and physically to a great extent ☺️❤️

32. Anagha Yatin says:

An affair with books is the affair that lasts forever. Books are the steadiest partners one can ever have! Loved your definition of the perfect date with books Aishwarya. Putting this kind of experience / date on my bucket list.
    And, heartiest congratulations on your book.

33. oh, my love books! I think I can never ever get enough. i have a whole set of books, that i just cannot give to anyone, although i have read them so many times. #vday #blogtrain

34. Hello everyone ! we are in the process of taking on some new reviewers who would like to review our CBD product line such as CBD OIL SYRINGE. If interested, please get in touch via https://hollyloisinsideout.com