Children are young adults in making. Whatever we say to them during their childhood, sometimes knowingly or unknowingly haunts them. Children are encouraged by adults, but sometimes, we treat them as punching bags to deal with our own frustrations. Hereunder are a few things, that you should never tell your child, irrespective of any situation:
- I wish I never gave birth to you;
- I wish you were a boy (Quiet common in Indian families);
- Why are you not intelligent like your uncle/aunt/neighbour/ collegue/ friend/ every other person existing on this earth’s son;
- Why are you bad in studies ?
- Your passion and hobby is wrong
- There is nothing like dreams come true, it is a lie.
- Engineering or Medicine are the only two career choices you can make in life.
- Complete Engineering then do whatever you want to do
- Talking about sex is a taboo
- Menstruation is a woman’s problem, never talk about it loudly
- It does not matter what your inclination is, whatever all are doing that is the best
- Your talent does not matter, till the time you are better than all in studies that is all that matters
- You need to get only into premier institutes otherwise you are a duffer
- Society only respects you if you are rich
- Art and all as a hobby is fine but as a career it does not have any scope
- Start ups are meant to fail
- Your friends, have to be children, who come from families, who are from the same caste, religion, ethnic race, economic background
- You do not have choices in life, Parents know the best
- Short dresses invite rape, but sick mentality does not
- Girls and boys are not equal, there are different rules for both
- Ultimate, If you do not what we say then……something bad will happen to you.
Do let me know your thoughts on the same.
p.C. StuMags, digtoknow, 123RF.com, sheleadsafrica, the open university, dorkdiaries, womensweb, wikihow, psychology.com, the parentport,